1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING YOGA FOR?
I’ve been teaching yoga for 10 years now
2. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A YOGA TEACHER?
Vichara (exploration of the hidden, occult, essence behind matter), enquiry into the nature of the self, Brahman or truth: ever present reflection on the why and wherefore of things. Discrimination between the real and unreal. This is yoga.
3. WHERE DID YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING?
I have trained at a number of places:
4. WHAT QUALIFICATIONS HAVE YOU RECEIVED FROM YOUR TRAINING?
I am qualified in Shiva Yoga & Meditation, and in all levels and aspects of yoga teaching from beginners Hatha to advanced Jnana yoga.
5. WHAT IS IT YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT TEACHING YOGA?
Breathing, to bring the restless mind to stillness.
6. WHAT IS YOUR TOP TIP FOR PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT STARTING TO PRACTISE YOGA?
Start today, don’t delay.
7. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE POSTURE?
Tough – but I’d say the Warrior postures are my favourite!
8. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR OTHER INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF YOGA?
Acupuncture (I’m an acupuncturist as well as a yoga teacher), developing and marketing my skin care product range, piano, eastern travel, Hindusim.
9. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY THE BIGGEST BENEFIT OF PRACTISING YOGA IS?
Opening up dormant energies to bring the entire organism – via mind, body and spirit – into balance, into perfect alignment (Nirvana).
10. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE COMING TO ONE OF YOUR CLASSES FOR THE FIRST TIME?
Don’t be competitive and don’t consider yoga to be a circus performance. Don’t feel the need to impress or show off – relax into the practice, the results will then manifest on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes. This is yoga. Union. Mukti (Absolute Experience).
To sign up for a class with Dennis, take a look at our Timetable.