Take Note & Put Your Feet UpOctober 28th 2015
Take 5-15 minutes out of your day to raise your legs and breathe a happy sigh of relief...that's an order!
Such a simple yet powerfully restorative pose, the benefits of Viparita Karani (legs up the wall) are endless. If you're faced with stress, anxiety, or just generally being run down, take the time to 'put your feet up' and enjoy!
- Gets all your adrenal glands pumping, fantastic for lymphatic boosting, helps with circulation and improves immune system functioning.
- This posture is designed to relax your whole body. When you combine this pose with rhythmic breathing, you'll be able to relax your nervous system.
- Known to delay the onset of ageing which is why it's known as the 'Fountain of Youth Pose'.
- Aids with venous return (brings blood in the extremities back to the heart), which can alleviate varicose veins, haemorrhoids and swelling in the legs and feet.
- Relaxes the tired muscles in your legs and increases blood flow to the brain and facial muscles.
We recommend that you consult your doctor first before doing this pose, if you have any problems in your spine and neck.