Welcome to the healthiest addiction of your life!
Yoga is a process. Be consistent in your practice. Be patient and compassionate with yourself. Enjoy your yoga!
Here’s some information to help you on your way:
- PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE - the registration tab is on the Homepage - this will save lots of time and paperwork at the studio when you arrive. Do try to arrive 20 minutes before your first class starts so we can check your registration details, show you where everything is, and have a chat about your yoga. After this, try and arrive 10 minutes before each class and check in at the reception desk, even if you have made an online booking.
- Practice on an empty stomach! Try to eat no less than 2 hours before class. If you do need a quick pick me up, we suggest natures liquid energy - fruit juice! to keep you going without making you feel uncomfortable during practice.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after class. Water is your new best friend!
- Students who have practiced yoga for some time tend to use the mats in the front row and new students should place themselves on the back row. This allows new students to watch how the more familiar students practice and also allows new students to take breaks if they feel the need. After a few classes, feel free to move towards the middle and someday, the front row!
- The 6 mats nearest the door (in what we lovingly call the ‘naughty corner’) should be left free for latecomers. We do not normally allow students to enter the studio once yoga practice has begun, however if you are running a few minutes late we may allow you to enter and use these mats – Only if we feel it will not disturb the other students.
- We ask you to kindly remove your shoes as you enter the building and place them on the shelves outside reception. We will look after them for you whilst you practice. Outdoor shoes can carry nasty outdoor things into the building; we don’t want to share that on our yoga mats!
- Yoga mats must be placed inbetween the marks on the floor, this is done to ensure everyone has space. If you are unsure about anything, just ask. Once you have chosen your spot simply relax on your back, let go of all your thoughts and prepare for your yoga practice.
- SHUSH! No talking during practice. We know rules are made to be broken but we ask you to adhere to this one, as it makes for a more peaceful, intense, rewarding practice. On entering the studio, please SHUSH! Please also walk around the mats on the floor after class and not over them.
- TRY EVERY CLASS. Variety is the spice of life; we have tried to offer you a good choice of well-balanced classes. You may find a favorite routine / teacher, or like us, you may love them all!
- Please read the FAQ section for more info and if you have any other questions please just ask us.
- Have you registered online yet? ;-)